Rupee old notes are restricted from usage everywhere, only 500 Rupee old notes
can be used to avail necessary services. This usage will be applicable till 15th
December 2016, until new set of rules were announced.
is the list of services availed by Old Rs.500 notes:
1. Mobile pre-paid recharges up to
Rs.500 per transaction.
2. Consumer Cooperative Stores for
purchases till Rs.5000 at a time.
3. Government hospitals and Pharmacies.
4. Government run Milk booths.
5. Petrol pumps
6. State and central government bill
7. Utility bill payments like water and
power bills, along with arrears payments are acceptable.
8. Toll gates from 3rd Dec 2016 to 31st
Dec 2016. Toll gates are free for usage till 3rd Dec.
9. Railway/Metro rail/Air ticket booking
at the counter.
at state-owned outlets
tickets of monuments under Archaeological Survey of India
of School fees up to Rs.2000 per student in Central Government, State Government,
Municipality and local body schools.
citizens can exchange up to Rs.5000 per week
towards court fee.
and burial grounds