PolicyTray

Insurance Blog

Change the premium payment mode of LIC policy

To change the premium payment mode of a LIC policy, you shall write a letter to the Manager of the LIC Branch where you have taken your policy. Currently, it is NOT possible to change your policy premium payment mode ONLINE.
You shall either post the letter along with your identity proof, addressing to the Branch manager or you shall submit these documents to the LIC Branch office in person.
Attached below a sample template letter in which you shall edit your policy number, Your name and your address accordingly.

LIC_Premium_Mode_Change.docx (11.9KB)

Comments (46) -

• Jeewan

7/21/2019 3:43:17 PM | Reply

Thanks for guiding and inform me regarding this.

• Saran

10/4/2019 12:28:16 PM | Reply

hi

can i change my premium payment mode in the middle of the month??

• PolicyTray

10/4/2019 6:11:21 PM | Reply

Hi,
      You shall change the premium payment mode at the end of 1 complete cycle. Consider, you are currently paying in monthly mode and you would like to change it into yearly payment mode. In this case,you will be able to change the payment mode only after the completion of 12 months or 24 months or any multiples of 12 months.

• Naveen

10/4/2019 1:16:48 PM | Reply

hi saran

yes,you can change your premium payment mode at any time

• Balakrishna

10/5/2019 1:23:02 PM | Reply

Hi,
        How can i change my premium payment mode in online?

• Jessy Immanuel

10/5/2019 1:31:58 PM | Reply

Currently,it is not possible to change your payment mode in online
      write a letter to your  branch manager.they can help you with this.

• Shiny

10/9/2019 11:34:01 AM | Reply

Sir,
    I wrote a formal letter to manager regarding the change of payment mode in last month
    but as of now no steps have been taken from the  branch side.
    reply ASAP

• Deepak

10/9/2019 2:30:26 PM | Reply

Hi,
      You shall contact the nearby branch for further details they will guide regarding this.

• Sundar

10/11/2019 2:30:18 PM | Reply

Hi,
    Can I change my premium payment mode in online?

• Angelina

10/11/2019 5:35:56 PM | Reply

Hi,
         No sir, currently it is not possible to change the premium payment mode in online

Thank  You

• Hussain

10/12/2019 11:33:16 AM | Reply

suggest me some other ways to change the premium payment mode other than reaching the branch office.

• Rohit Ragav

10/12/2019 5:21:07 PM | Reply

Hi Rohit,
                  First of all you cannot change the premium payment mode in online you can only change the premium mode by reaching the branch else write a formal letter to the manager for more details.

• Shiv kumar

5/7/2021 9:46:56 PM | Reply

I had already submitted an application for change the payment premium mode due to retirement monthly to quarterly in the month of February 2021 ,but no any action taken by 28F Renukpot Sonebhadta u.p.brach office

• Madhan Kumar

10/14/2019 12:01:19 PM | Reply

what is the interval of time period needed to change the premium payment mode??

• Franchis

10/14/2019 5:53:24 PM | Reply

Hi,

You change the premium payment mode in the interval of 12months or in any multiples of 12

• Mayank Agarwal

10/15/2019 5:39:14 PM | Reply

My policy number is 78937493439 kindly help me to change the premium payment mode

• Sakthivel

10/16/2019 1:47:12 PM | Reply

Hi,

You can change the premium only for every 12 months or in any multiples of 12 and you can change it by wrting a formal letter to the branch manager.

• Srinivasan

10/17/2019 3:12:05 PM | Reply

Hi,
       Is it possible to switch between two payment modes?and also suggest me which is good to make payments.

• Parveen

10/18/2019 12:04:27 PM | Reply

Hi,

NO sir,you cam make payments by only one method and you can change the payment mode for every 12months

• Bindhu

10/19/2019 2:19:49 PM | Reply

My policy ECS fails for this month.can I change the payment mode and make the payment?

• Saravana Vel

10/21/2019 3:33:35 PM | Reply

Hi,

You can make the pending payments by cash to the nearby branch

• Siddarth

10/22/2019 2:30:32 PM | Reply

Can I change the premium payment mode  for next month? because my ECS was failed for the past 4 months

• Benny dhayal

10/22/2019 4:45:29 PM | Reply

Hi Siddarth,

You can only change the premium mode for every 12months as of now you can make the pending payments and continue with ECS mode

• Raju

10/24/2019 11:18:56 AM | Reply

Can I stop paying my policy premium through ECS because of some issues in my bank account?

• Varun krishnan

10/24/2019 4:21:44 PM | Reply

Hi Raju,

You cannot stop making payments.you can only  change the premium payment mode other than ECS

• Mohammed nagoor

10/31/2019 4:22:55 PM | Reply

Sir,Iam making payments through Ecs till last month and also planning close my bank account link to policy so can I change the payment mode for this month
    policy number is 7956858678053

• Meera

11/2/2019 6:19:14 PM | Reply

I applied for change of payment mode last month, as of now no steps had been taken from their side
    help me

• Gowtham

11/5/2019 11:29:10 AM | Reply

Hi mam,
               You can write the formal letter to the branch manager regarding this issue they will help you further.

• Richard Fernandes

5/19/2020 6:58:06 PM | Reply

Hello Sir,

My sister has a The Money Back Policy - 20 Years (Plan-75) and it was on  ECS. The ECS never works and I have to always pay 3 months together at the centre. Due to Covid 19 situation the offices are shut. I was able to pay thru paytm for the Jeevan policies however this policy gives me following error

On Lic Portal - Check and Pay option is greyed out and it says that the option isnt available for online payment as we have selected ECS or NACH Method.
    On Paytm- It says this policy is not due for payment
    On direct pay- it says phone number not valid.

Please suggest what should be done.

Regards,
    Richard Fernande

• misty

10/1/2020 4:45:00 PM | Reply

sir  if i want to change LIC premium mode & stop  ECS. then where  can i send mail.( proper email address), can  i change it any time of the year.  Because i paid monthly.
    thanks

• DINKAR KUCHE

1/7/2021 10:43:58 AM | Reply

Sir, premium paid of policy no 908936231 by company on momthly  now Iwant to pay online. what can I do change the mode pf payment .

• rishab kumar

6/21/2021 3:40:58 PM | Reply

can I change premium payment mode from yearly to monthly?

• rishab kumar

6/21/2021 3:42:00 PM | Reply

Can I change premium payment mode from yearly to monthly?